You should always carry gear with you no matter if you’re at a library or in the woods hunting. This is what I carry in my pockets:
- A good pocket knife- This is a basic for everyday gear and has so many uses from escaping a locked room to making a shelter. If you ever find yourself in a survival situation a knife can be very useful. I usually carry a Swiss army knife or a real tree pocket knife.
- A tactical flashlight– Tactical flashlights are very durable and have a steel casing. I use a J5 tactical flashlight which is water resistant and cost about $30
- A paracord bracelet– Paracord has many uses from escaping zip ties to building a shelter. I love these because they look normal and are comfortable.
- A pen or tactical pen– Pens have many uses from writing down a list to protecting your self from a kidnapper. You can get pen just about any where from amazon to a grocery store to a teacher store. Tactical pens are more expensive and are harder to find but could save your life.
- A pocket notebook- What good is a pen if you don’t have something to write on. You could also use it to help start a fire or tell a rescuer where you were going.
- a handkerchief- Cloth can be very useful from making char cloth to giving to a crying girl.
- a small box box of matches– Matches could be very useful if you had to spend a cold night in the woods. Get permission from a parent to carry matches.
- A compass- These are fairly easy to get and aren’t very expensive. You should know were north is where ever are.
- band aids– Just one or two you probably won’t use them but you never know.
- A piece of paper with relative- This is just a piece of paper with your mom’s and dad’s email, phone number and address. I also put my grandparents and aunts and uncles.
Well that’s gear every boy should carry. Questions, suggestions or comments? Feel free to post them right down where it says comments.