Knowing how to start a fire can be a very useful skill. Heres 5 ways to make a fire?:
- A battery and steel wool– Start by gathering tinder and making a nest. Next pull the steel wool apart this will help it catch easier. Get a battery I found 9volt square batteries works best but any type will do. Find the battery terminals and put them on the steel wool for a few seconds. When you get a spark gently blow until you get a flame. Next put the steel wool under your tinder nest. Once you tinder catches put twigs on top and then small sticks and finally larger sticks. Video Below!
- Char cloth and a striker or metal match– You can get char cloth from amazon or make your own. Again you will make a tinder nest. Put the char cloth on a flat surface and use the striker or metal match to make sparks. Once the char cloth catches gently blow to get a small flame and put in your tinder. When the nest catches put small sticks on top and then larger ones. Video is below!
- A platform fire- Again you will need to make a nest. Find 2 large flat pieces of wood one for a brace and one for the platform. Put the tinder nest on top of the piece thats your platform and put the other on the side as a brace. Next light your nest and gently blow until you get flame. Finally put twigs on top and then small sticks and larger sticks.
- Cotton ball and patrolium jelly– Start by dipping the cotton balls in patrolium jelly. Next you will again make a tinder nest. Put the end of your striker on the cotton ball and start striking. Once you get a flame put the cotton ball in the tinder nest. Finally add increasingly larger sticks. Video below!
- A magnifying glass and lint- Again you will need a tinder nest. Start by finding a the angle that has the most concentrated light beam. Next put the concentrated beam on the lint and hold very still. Once you get a spark gently blow until the spark becomes a flame. Finally put the lint in the tinder nest and put increasingly larger sticks. Here’s a video!
Well, that’s 5 ways to make a fire?. Questions or suggestions? Feel free to post them in the comment section right below this post.?