Washington, D.C. (Also know as the District of Columbia), sits on the Potomac River between Virginia and Maryland. As you probably know that it is the United States capital. Here’s my top 10 favorite places in Washington, D.C.
- The National Spy Museum– The national spy museum has countless artifacts from shoe transmitters to brief case cameras. Plus if you feel like you want to become a spy they have all the gear you need in the gift shop.
- The Smithsonian Museum of Natural History– If you like nature you’ll like this museum and if you don’t, you will. Like all the Smithsonian museums it’s free.
- The Smithsonian Museum of American History– At this fun museum you can you can see all kind of pieces of American history like Thomas Jefferson‘s Desk.
- The National Mint– Why not take a trip to the place where the money we use today is made? You can see real money being made in all the stages our money goes through. And if you feel like you need a souvenir there’s have a gift shop with proofed coins and bills.
- Library of Congress– With over 110 million items and 532 miles of book shelves the Library of Congress is the largest library in the world today.
- The Smithsonian National Air and Space Museum– You don’t have to be a kid to be fascinated by the national air and space museum.
- The National Archives Building– The national archives building has some of the most important documents in American history including The Declaration of Independence and The Constitution of the United States.
- The Capital Building– One of the most famous building in America, The Capital Building sits on Capital Hill and his home to the United States Congress.
- National Gallery of Art– The National Gallery of Art has beautiful painting and sculptures from many different time ranges and countries.
- The National Basilica– This massive Catholic church is the largest in North America and one of the 10 largest in the world.
Well, that’s my top 10 places to visit in Washington, D.C. Questions, Suggestions, or Comments? Post them in the comment section right below this post.?